- Managing Partner
John Joseph “Johnny” Lanzillo IV is managing partner of Lanzillo Law, PLLC.
Johnny received his undergraduate degree in History from the University of North Texas. Prior to attending UNT, he played baseball at Christian Brothers University in Memphis, TN. He is a graduate of Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M School of Law) and is licensed to practice in the State of Texas.
While in law school, Johnny was a member of the Texas Wesleyan Negotiation and ADR Travel Team. He participated in competitions across the country and was the American Bar Association’s Regional Negotiation Champion.
Also in law school Johnny participated as a practicing student attorney with the school’s Family Law Clinic to build his foundation in serving the community. He was a team leader with the Texas Wesleyan Innocence Project, which is dedicated to reviewing claims of innocence made by the wrongfully convicted.
Prior to co-founding Peter & Lanzillo now Lanzillo Law, PLLC, Johnny was an associate at Stanley & Associates where he was a member of the Criminal Defense team, while also working on Family Law cases with the firm. Johnny was also law clerk supervisor and was a member of the hiring committee.
Johnny is a trained mediator, and does special work in sports law.
Johnny was also a 2018 candidate for Judge in Dallas County for Court of Criminal Appeals No. 2. And although he did not win, Johnny received countless endorsements, including from the Mexican American Bar Association of Dallas, Former Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins, the Metrocrest Democrats and countless other attorneys and Dallas County Precinct Chairs. Additionally, Johnny was deemed a qualified candidate from the Dallas Bar Association’s Committee for a Qualified Judiciary.
Personal Life –
Johnny is married to his beloved wife Holly who stays home to care for their son JJ (John Joseph the 5th!) He plays softball in Dallas, and is an avid runner, completing the 2011 Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth. Johnny is an animal lover and enjoys spending time with his three rescue dogs. As a Dallas native, he is a die-hard Dallas Stars fan, but his truest sports love lies with the Texas Rangers. He is also an avid music lover, who attends concerts whenever possible, and also plays the drums.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- Texas A&M University School of Law (formerly Texas Wesleyan University School of Law), Fort Worth, Texas
- University of North Texas
- Major: History
- Sports Law Negotiation Coach, Texas A&M School of Law, 2012 to 2016
Honors and Awards
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys - 10 Best Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Super Lawyers- A Thomson Reuters Company
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2016 to Present
- Collin County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2016 to Present
- National College for DUI Defense, Member, 2013 to Present
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2017 to 2018
Past Employment Positions
- Peter & Lanzillo, Managing Partner, 2014 to 2021
- Stanley & Associates, Associate Attorney, 2012 to 2014
- Law Office of Dennis Engler, Law Clerk, 2003 to 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- Dallas County Felony and Misdemeanor Court Appointments